I could eat until I burst. Food tastes so great that it’s hard to ignore those cravings. Most times, I give in, but you should try to reduce your intake at night because it’s harder to burn off when you’re sat watching TV.
That doesn’t mean you have to survive without food until breakfast the next day, just choose healthier options to satisfy your cravings. Here are some low-calorie night snacks which are tasty and great for dieters.
Clean Eating Snacks
Set yourself a rule to not eat four hours prior to bedtime. Not only will it help you to maintain a healthy weight but you’ll sleep better and not struggle digesting the food.
Here are my favourite choices for quick and tasty low-calorie night snacks.
Fruit, Muesli Bowl
- Dried cranberries
- Handful of nuts (I choose brazil, walnuts and almonds)
- Organic muesli
Avocado on Toast
- 2 slices of wholemeal toast
- 1 tbsp avocado
Baked Green Bean Fries (my favourite for late munchies!)
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup cheese
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1½ tbsp vinegar
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Add green beans to a bowl and coat with olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix the cheese, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Coat the green beans in the cheese mixture one by one and transfer to an oven tray.
- Cook for 15 minutes and regularly shuffle so they’re all cooked.
- Olive oil
- Wash, peel and slice carrots.
- Arrange on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cook for 15 minutes until they start to brown and serve hot or cold.
- 2 Weetabix
- 1 banana (diced)
Avoid stodgy, fatty foods at night and switch to healthier options! You'll thank us for it later.